January. Janvier. Januar.
I cannot believe how quickly this month has flown by--we are 31 days deep into 2011, and I couldn't be happier. I am energized and full of positivity for this year, and the swift arrival of February only boosts that enthusiasm! (Especially because February is Radical Self Love month!)
Highlights. I've kept a lot of my resolutions, created some fond memories, and proved to myself that I have the ability to do anything I set my mind to. (I never dreamed I'd get this far into a cleanse without signs of stopping, and I've done a lot of things this month that have pushed my personal limits.)
Downfalls. I spent way too much money on frivolous things such as coffee and disposable cameras, which is something I'd like to improve. I also spent a lot of downtime on the internet instead of doing something creative and intellectually stimulating. For instance, reading or painting.
Objectives for February. I have a few things I'd like to work on, and a few things I'd like to continue doing as well.
- Read more often. I am currently composing a huge list of books I'd like to complete throughout 2011 that I'll be sharing soon, and I really want to stress daily reading in February.
- No fast food at all. This is actually a decision I've come to recently--since I've started my cleanse + stopped drinking soda, I've developed a taste for healthier foods and a knack for cooking. I want to start cooking more of my own nutritious meals versus ordering them covered in grease and salt. Even stepping foot in a fast food restaurant creates temptation and leaves little-to-no healthy options. Should my family choose to grab something fast when we're in a pinch, I'm going to prepare ahead and make myself a chicken wrap or a salad + some ice water.
- Limit my Starbucks purchases to $20 for the entire month. This will buy me 4-5 grande coffees or fruit smoothies. The purpose of this is simple--I want to limit my caffeine intake and spend less money. (I spent an embarrassing sixty dollars on coffee last month alone; unacceptable!)
- Work out more often. Cliche, but I really want to make it a priority.
- Find a job. Photography is expectedly slow in the winter, and I really need to earn some gas + spending money during my downtime. I'm looking into applying at the local library.
- Make more time for art. Though I'm getting ridiculous amounts of art at school, I want to work on my pieces nightly. I'm currently doing a tattoo style pen-and-ink drawing on a cardboard canvas. So psyched.
- Celebrate radical self love.
How was your month?!