Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Create an elaborate “to read” and “to watch” list. Ask your role models, best friends, and strangers on the street which books and films they can’t live without. Assemble a ridiculously lengthy list and post it aside your inspiration board, or within your sketchbook. Next time you find yourself spending a Friday night in, order a movie or curl up with that novel!
- Teach yourself a new skill. Drag out the old guitar that you always wanted to learn to play + watch youtube editorials. Download instructions for creating origami or learning to knit!
- Paint. It is incredibly therapeutic.
- Create a wish tree. Write your deepest and most sincere secrets, desires, wishes, and goals on tiny slips of paper, and tie each to the tiny branches of a tree or branch with fabulous ribbon.
- Rent boxed sets of your favorite television show. Endless entertainment.
- Go antique shopping.
- Research new recipes and cook up something radically delicious!
- Work ahead on your schoolwork. I know, I know, but really! It will free up more time within your week.
- Search for new music to listen to! Amazon.com usually makes pretty accurate suggestions based on what you’ve previously viewed, and you can make a Pandora Radio account + listen to new music without any effort.
- Create a scrumptious package for one of your long-distance buddies, or snail mail your best friend a hand-painted post card.
- Paint your toenails or give yourself an intricate, classy Sharpie tattoo.
- Read up on your daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly horoscopes! Do some research on your star sign. Believe in it all or not, it’s an incredibly interesting topic.
- Bake a cake.
- Challenge yourself to picking out five new outfits from your closet that you’ve never worn before.
- Invest in some excellent incense.
- Watch slam poetry on youtube.
- Read some of your old fashion magazines from years (or even months) ago. It’s so interesting to see how fashion evolves, and you may find hidden inspiration through old issues.
- Write yourself a boredom manifesto.
- Create a mix CD for someone you care about or admire.
- Make yourself a smoothie and some fabulous trail mix.
- Hot glue jewels onto your library card.
- Play dress up within your closet!
- Write yourself an unbelievably lengthy and detailed love letter.
- Have a photoshoot with yourself + laugh at your own ridiculous expressions!
- Redecorate your inspiration board so the images are in touch with your current inspirations + goals!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- Construct yourself a blanket fort of epic proportions. I'm doing this as soon as I hop out of bed tomorrow!
- Create an emergency supply kit of fun. Or, in other words, grab a box and toss in your favorite books, craft supplies, journals, pens + pencils, zines, a kettle of tea, + scrumptious snacks.
- Make yourself a banana shake! Mmmm. (Toss in two bananas, some soy milk, & ice into the blender!)
- Create an inspiration board for 2011.
- Write letters to your loved ones. Get a head start on valentines!
- Go internet free for the entire day. Do it. I dare you.
- Pop in one of your favorite CD's, play dress up, and dance to your heart's content.
- Write yourself a fight boredom manifesto, or read Amber's.
- Find some old antique frames and fill them with your favorite snapshots, drawings, love letters, magazine advertisements, or recipes. Paint them funky colors!
- Write poetry on an old typewriter.
- Wear fabulous hats, or adorn your plain ones with jewels + sequins!